Mold Removal Remediation

Mold is toxic. Being around it can make you ill, inducing symptoms like headaches, memory-loss, and respiratory issues. Mycotoxicosis [mahy-koh-tok-si-koh-sis] is an acute disease that can be harmful or even fatal to both humans and animals. Removing the mold from your surroundings is the best remedy for avoiding such illness.

South Sound Water Recovery offers mold remediation, abatement, and removal services using green products and proper training. We are IICRC certified mold-removal technicians that not only reduce or eliminate mold, but also rebuild or repair mold damaged areas of your home like the walls, porch, ceiling, bathroom, basement, patio, floor, and more.

Learn more about IICRC Certification.

Share

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter

Contact Us

Frequently Asked Questions

About mold, mold toxicity, and how to restore homes damaged by mold.

Almost in all cases, mold inside your house is caused by a slow, long term leak. This is usually caused by a pipe leak, roof leak, or a poorly connected water line. Unfortunately, a lot of these locations where mold grows will not be seen until it has spread to an area where it can be visibly seen. That is why it is important to have a professional out to prevent further wood deterioration and toxic air quality.

Mold can be very harmful to you and your family’s health. Common symptoms of a mold (or fungus) borne illness are:

  • Coughing.
  • Sneezing.
  • Sore, itchy throat.
  • Congestion and runny nose.
  • Sinus headaches.
  • Wheezing and difficulty breathing.
  • Itchy, watery eyes.
  • Irritated, itchy skin.

The length, amount, and type of exposure varies the severity of these conditions. A short time of exposure can cause minimal side effects, but being around mold long-term or around certain, more dangerous types can cause serious and possibly fatal effects.

Take initiative and call a mold removal professional to protect your family/customers. Reduce the risks of any adverse health effects through abatement, mitigation, testing, and inspection.

There are different types of mold that commonly affect buildings. Black mold (Stachybotrys chartarum) is one of the most frequently found molds on properties. This is due to their love for cellulose-rich building materials and their ability to thrive in damp or water-damaged buildings. Places like drywall, carpet, insulation and sub-flooring that are exposed to moisture or high humidity are fertile nesting grounds for this dangerous fungus.

We use a variety of well-researched sprays and gels along with a variety of (often single-use) tools to scrape, scrub, brush, and kill the mold in and around the affected area.

There are many Do-It-Yourself kits and products on the market, but that doesn’t mean that they work. Even when they do, most homeowners are not trained in construction, how to effectively safely remove biological waste, nor how to test, inspect, and ensure thorough elimination/remediation of mold-contaminated areas. The result could cost you more, enable untreated mold to remain, and even spread beyond what’s openly visible to become a silent killer that stays undetected. While there are many great things you can indeed do yourself, mold removal and repairing mold damage is something best done by professionals.

 
 
 

Trust Our Professional Mold Removal Services

Our experts have the proper training and products to ensure that your affected area is properly removed and sanitized of any mold your home may have. Our professional staff are certified through the IICRC and have many years of experience dealing with mold related issues. South Sound Water Recovery can handle any job size or situation when it comes to mold. Feel free to give us a call for a free estimate or any questions you may have.